[IAEP] api.sugarlabs.org Alpha .03 is up

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 10:23:51 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:42 PM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 23:13 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> On 11.06.2008, at 22:21, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>>
>> > Re organization I think there should be a stronger separation between
>> > API for writing activities and "internal" stuff.
>
> I am pretty sure that you mean splitting up the code into two division
> such as gnome does with gdk and gtk.  I haven't looked at code very much
> so I do not understand which goes where;(

Nope, gtk and gdk are both public API, in the sense that they are used
to develop applications.

>  Which modules would you
> recommend go where?  Or is there both internal and external stuff in
> each module?

Fructose should definitely be separated. About Glucose:

sugar

Doesn't expose any public API, it's an application basically. So I
think it should be separated.

sugar-base

Expose public API.

datastore

Expose public DBus service. I'm not sure what's the best way to
generate API docs for DBus services.

sugar-presence-server (s/server/service)

Same as datastore.

sugar-toolkit

Expose public API.

sugar-artwork

No API at all.

etoys

Not sure, Bert will know.

journal-activity

No public API since it's an activity.

So maybe we put activities + sugar on a separate secondary page?

As Tomeu said it would be great if you could make the sugar meeting.

Marco