[IAEP] api.sugarlabs.org Alpha .03 is up

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 23:42:48 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 23:13 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 11.06.2008, at 22:21, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>
> > Re organization I think there should be a stronger separation between
> > API for writing activities and "internal" stuff.

I am pretty sure that you mean splitting up the code into two division
such as gnome does with gdk and gtk.  I haven't looked at code very much
so I do not understand which goes where;(  Which modules would you
recommend go where?  Or is there both internal and external stuff in
each module?

> > Is it even useful to publish activities API?

> Don't think so.
The cost is cheap.  Once the parser and page generator is written for the
important stuff, having them iterate over the activites is basically free.

Having a few well documented activities can serve as examples for
potential activity writers.

At the very least, potential developers can use the, lxer like, code
browsing features to become familiar with the code before they dive into
the git repository.

Dfarning