[IAEP] sugar on standard laptops

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 18:44:56 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 2:20 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh and please use the OLPC trac for now... I hope we will have a Sugar
> Labs trac instance soon, but we have to figure out a solid plan for
> infrastructure before.

*Please* let's keep everything in one bugtracker. No doubt sugarlabs
can run its own, but we will all be in a world of pain if that
happens.

Back on topic: on hardy, apt-get install sugar-* works fantastic. As
people have noted, activities are limited but can be obtained
elsewhere.

Note that the versions of the code there are _ancient_. If you are
considering filing a bug, it might be a good thing to check whether
you can repro it on a more current Sugar/activity (for example, the
ones in recent update or joyride releases). Otherwise there is a good
chance you are reporting bugs that have been resolved many moons ago.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions