[IAEP] wiki - status report june 4

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 23:03:57 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 22:23 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 10:16 PM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here is a update of the wiki status.
> >
> > 1.  Started creating framework for developing modules within the large
> > sugar community.
> > http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/SugarLabs:Community_Portal#Modules
> >
> > I would like to begin the 'big move' by first moving/copying the olpc
> > information regarding theses topics to Sugar Labs. Is this something
> > that I should talk to Sj about? or would someone who has been involved
> > with OLPC and Sugar Labs prefer to start that conversation?
>
> Can you explain more in detail what you would like to move where?
  * SugarModule
      * SugarBaseModule
      * SugarDatastoreModule
      * SugarPresenceServiceModule
      * SugarToolkitModule
      * SugarArtworkModule

/loop/
1.  I would like to go through the OLPC wiki page by page looking for
material related to developing the 6 modules listed above.  (working
with around 5 pages per batch)
2.  Post a 'wiki -move request' to iaep and a appropriate communication
channel at OLPC.
3.  After receiving approval, export pages from wiki.olpc this will
leave original contents at olpc.
4.  Tag pages on OLPC as "Maintained at Sugar Labs" as of \data\ with
link to Sugar Labs page
5.  Import pages into correct place on wiki.sl heirarchy.
6.  sleep several days
7.  restart loop
/end loop/

/for each loop/
1. After brief waiting period, (1 week?) update links to original olpc
pages with an interwiki link to new location at Sugar Labs.
2.  After a second brief wait, (1 more week) replace original contents
at olpc with a redirect to new location.
3.  Request deletion of original page at olpc.

> Bernie, I thought we installed the latest?

Sorry, sugarlabs.org is running 1.12.  I thought it was 1.5 last night
when I was attempting to debug my bot login.

Dfarning