[IAEP] Downloads

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Jun 4 01:21:57 CEST 2008

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 4:26 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
>> Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>>> We should mirror http://dev.laptop.org/pub/sugar/sources. The rest is
>>> probably not worth it.
>> Done.  If it seems ok, please update http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Release
>
> /sugarlabs/sugar seem unnecessary to me, I'd rather have:
>
> download.sugarlabs.org/sources
> download.sugarlabs.org/liveimages

A common pathname prefix is customary to help mirrors of multiple
archives.  We could do without, but then mirrors would look
different, and they'd have to be told which specific
subdirectories to mirror.  Like /fedora, /suse, /ubuntu, /debian...

So I culled just the "sugarlabs" part, and kept "sugar", like this:

  http://download.sugarlabs.org/sugar/sources/
  http://download.sugarlabs.org/sugar/liveimages/

> On what machine should be package maintainers uploading the sources?
> How do they get ssh access to it?

shell.sugarlabs.org.

Anyone supporting a sugar package should just send me their ssh
keys and desired username, and I will grant them an account.

--
   \___/  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
  _| X |  Sugar Labs Team  - http://www.sugarlabs.org/