[IAEP] Sugar Labs Business Model.

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Mon Jun 2 11:56:26 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> Now, Sugar is not just a Linux desktop.  It is laser-focused on a
> kid-friendly UI, and building an ecosystem of educational activities built
> especially for that UI.  (At least, that's my hope.)  Which means that the
> companies interested in investing in Sugar will be companies looking to kick
> incumbents out of the educational gadget business.

Just to point out that in my opinion, what we are trying to do is a
linux desktop with the following characteristics:

- Optimizes the path to learning.
- Usable by illiterate people.
- Minimizes its dependencies on symbols pertaining to any local culture.
- Easy to modify and extend by its users.

At least I don't think so much on kids, but then, I just code what I'm
told to ;)

Regards,

Tomeu