[IAEP] [sugar] Localization team

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 16:22:42 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:19 AM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 20:59 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I would say that Sayamindu is already doing exactly that sort of working
>> > with upstream in the form of trying to coordinate translation efforts into
>> > release schedules.
>>
>> Sure, he is! Just to make it clear in case that it isn't, I'm not
>> criticizing Sayamindu work in *any* way.
>>
>> I just proposed a couple more ways to work with upstream, to try and
>> address the confusion which has been raised recently on the
>> localization list.
>>
> I have create the LocalizationTeam page stubs on w.s.o.  When we get
> feed back from Sayamindu we can start populating them.

Hello,

I would be reorganizing the PO files once 8.2 is out (I don't want to
create much confusion now :-). XO Core and XO Bundled was a somewhat
random organization, and I guess this will be a much needed
improvement.

As for hosting translations from sugarlabs.org - I would really try to
avoid a migration _at present_. We use a pretty complicated set up
internally (a pretty convoluted symlinking scheme, customized version
of Pootle), and also there are certain aspects of Pootle which need to
be handled manually atm (eg: PO file merging, resetting forgotten
password for users). Right now migration would take up too much man
hours IMHO. I expect some of the issues to go away with time, and we
might definitely revisit the migration plans sometime in the future,
but for now, I would suggest that it would be a good idea to stick to
whatever is running at dev.laptop.org.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--