[IAEP] getting the software

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jul 15 00:51:35 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 18:24 -0400, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, David Farning wrote:
>
> > Our wiki is missing information on 'getting the  software'.  Do we want
> > to add a section 'getting the software' to Community which points to
> > distributions that carry Sugar?  Would it be better to put it on the
> > welcome page?
>
> Without trying the software, nothing else happens.
>
> +1 to a simple "get the software" link from the front page.

I have also been contacting some distribution to increase the visibility
of Sugar and Sugar Labs.  Jani Monoses from Ubuntu has not had as much
time as he would like to work on Sugar;)  Jonas Smedegaard is keeping
the Sugar packages up to date at Debian.  He is wondering how best to
communicate with Sugar developers.  After Greg's email last week,
interest is picking up at Fedora.

The three biggest concerns from distributions are:
1.  How to communicate with Sugar Developers.
2.  Where to find tarballs.
3.  Keeping the Sugar wiki up to date.  Stale information can be is
worse than no information.

thanks
Dfarning