[IAEP] Localization team

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 20:52:56 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, part of the translation process must be upstream. We are
> checking in the translation in the upstream git and hence we need to
> respect the upstream schedule.
>
> I would personally encourage Sayamindu to start working upstream
> already, for example by providing docs on how to translate
> Glucose/activities on the sugarlabs wiki and by matching the pootle
> groups with Glucose/Fructose modules list.
>
> Do you see any downside with that approach?
>
> I'm *not* suggesting to host pootle on sugarlabs.org yet.

Marco,

I would say that Sayamindu is already doing exactly that sort of working
with upstream in the form of trying to coordinate translation efforts into
release schedules.  Logically enough, the conversation tends to happen on
the OLPC localization list, lots of IAEP folks are there also, feel free to
join in (or maybe just review the archives).

I also agree it is best to use the d.l.o-hosted Pootle infrastructure until
there is a real need to do something differently.  I would also note that
localizers are working with Pootle-upstream to pursue improvements in that
infrastructure.

cjl