[IAEP] What is a Lesson Plan?

Antoine van Gelder antoine at g7.org.za
Wed Jul 9 11:43:36 CEST 2008

On 09 Jul 2008, at 06:07, Bobby Powers wrote:
> On a similar note, I'm an intern working on an activity for
> graphically modeling and simulating systems using System Dynamics.
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Model
>
> there are a ton of lesson plans and course materials, most free, for
> system dynamics lessons available:
> http://www.clexchange.org/lom/default.htm
>
> While my focus right now is getting the activity working and
> simulating, I've been following some of the threads about lesson plans
> and lesson bundles with interest, as the easier it is for teachers to
> integrate activities into coursework the faster things will get picked
> up.

A single action, which - I believe - will contribute more to the task
of getting humanity on track to a sustainable present than any amount
of eight-course G8 dinners would be the creation of a SD simulator
that can run the models in this book:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limits_to_Growth [1]

Go Bobby!

  - antoine

[1] Bonus points for getting the book relicensed under a CC license.
Looking at my copy I see that the copyright-holder is Dennis Meadows
himself.

--
"Your paradigm is so intrinsic to your mental process that you are
hardly aware of its existence, until you try to communicate with