[IAEP] How many Activities?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Jul 9 05:50:51 CEST 2008

> We are clearly going to have hundreds of activities quite soon.

I've been much too lazy to attempt to actually *do* something, but
in view of the limited storage on the XO-1, I believe that a dynamic
"attach" (that operates on Activities) will eventually be needed.

I feel that, just like there is available a 'mount' facility to
attach (using removable devices) additional storage, it ought to be
possible to provide a 'hook-up' facility to attach (using removable
devices) additional Applications (i.e., the executables themselves).

I have something simple in mind:  Currently, Sugar apparently goes
looking for Activities on /usr/share/sugar/activities and on
/home/olpc/Activities.  Let's implement a 'hook-up' facility which
adds/removes other locations to this  'activity_path'.

mikus