[IAEP] Book sprint aug 16-23

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jul 9 05:38:21 CEST 2008

Seems like we have support for the idea of a book sprint.

Considerations:
Time - Version .82 will be released Aug 10th. Is it worth it to try to
hit that release date?  As much as I would like to say yes, we should
not push things too fast.  My key goal in setting up the sprint is to
create a _concrete_ event where people can come together to and help
OLPC.  Let's take our time and use this as a test run at community.

Location - Seth mentioned the availability of space at the OLPC's
offices.  That would be great if it were possible.  The marketing angle
of volunteers coming together to olpc's offices for a sprint would be
great.

The Big question is would Adam and Anne feel comfortable running the
sprint on OLPC's turf.  Adam and Anne are the domain experts.   We need
to give them the room to leverage the OLPC effort and enthusiasm against
FM's experience.

Participantes -
Anne Gentle - Texas
Adam Hyde  - Netherlands
David Farning - Wisconsin
Walter Bender - East coast
Greg Dekoenigsberg - ?
Others - ??

I will gladly step aside to let a better writer take my spot;)

Funding - Between $500 - $1250 per person.
I'll do the leg work, but cold calls from dfarning won't be worth much;(

Talking to book publishers-- Is FM interested in going that direction?

How about setting a tentative date for Aug 16-23?

thanks
dfarning