[IAEP] [FM Discuss] Sugar users manual

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Wed Jul 9 00:34:15 CEST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kim Quirk <kim at laptop.org>
Date: Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 6:30 PM
Subject: Re: [FM Discuss] Sugar users manual
To: seth at laptop.org
Cc: Walter Bender <walter at laptop.org>, dfarning at sugarlabs.org, SJ Klein <
sj at laptop.org>, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org>, Christoph Derndorfer <
e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at>

Seth and others,

Sounds like a great idea, but it might miss 8.2 if you have to wait until
August for the sprint.  We should be trying to get 8.2 out the door... not
looking for last minute, new content. Depending on where we actually are,
there might be a lot of pushback that it missed 8.2.

But I would encourage the sprint... because whenever the manual is ready it
can emailed or printed one-off for people. And it can be included in 8.2.1
and future 8.2 releases. Also, what is the plan for making it available and
easily accessible in the UI?

We discussed a Help Activity - something we can put in the interface, easy
to find. What is the status of that? What can we do to make that available
as soon as possible? It would be great if the same team who is going to
create this FLOSS manual can first put one-two weeks of work (in July) into
updating Walter's getting started html pages to match the new UI.

Also, my suggestion for getting the help activity into today's build with
today's GettingStarted (8.1 compatible) pages is twofold:

1 - start testing out the process to get from webpages to Help Activity and
how to make that available for download.

2 - we can point people to that TODAY for 8.1.x builds; and then update it
for 8.2 in the next few weeks (again, sooner than August).

Kim