[IAEP] Lesson plans needed

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 06:00:44 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:10 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > See Bill Kerr's blog.
>
> Link, please, here and in the Wiki.
>
> > He talks of creating an environment where students
> > know they can demand the whiteboard markers from him at any time and work
> > things out at the front of the class and how this took weeks.
>
> Good. See the Ethiopia Report on the Academic Papers Wiki page.
>
> > He quotes Konrad Glogowski who gets students to select music tracks to go
> > with their literature study, Bill says "Can this be duplicated at another
> > School site, through an education plan or an assessment rubric? No"

I am writing a series on my blog about establishing meta dialogues with
students in the teaching of basic knowledge about fractions

meta-dialogues are hard to establish
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2008/05/meta-dialogues-are-hard-to-establish.html

initiating a meta-dialogue
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2008/05/initiating-meta-dialogue.html

fractions in real life
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2008/05/fractions-in-real-life.html

redefining power relationships in the classroom
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2008/06/redefining-power-relationships-in_15.html

The Konrad Glogowski article is here:
http://www.teachandlearn.ca/blog/2008/06/02/avoid-school-talk-part-1/
and my short blog linking to Konrad's article is:
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2008/06/why-top-down-planning-fails.html

( there are other earlier articles by Konrad G on the factors involved in
students improving their writing - taking ownership of the process - I
probably should dig them up again)