[IAEP] Sugar Digest 2008-06-29

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 19:51:05 CEST 2008

Hi all

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Benjamin M. Schwartz <
bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos wrote:
> | I proposed this also (sugar on phones) to Marco back in March when he
> | was at 1CC. The idea is that sugar has a simple and intuitive interface
> | for collaboration which I find very intriguing in an environment with
> | mobile phones. I understand though that screen real estate is so
> | different that it may make no sense to attempt this, but I do feel that
> | simple, ad-hoc collaboration between mobile phones is the way to go.
>
> Chris's point is that It's An Education Project, and putting Sugar onto
> cell phones does not have any obvious educational benefit.  Fancy cell
> phones are not a good platform for education.

I agree with this cell-phones are not a way to go for educational
purposes,   the proposal of running sugar on those is only for
familiarization of use of the interface for the adults users, or other not
educational reasons, these reason are not
 in direct relation  with the project.

but i do think that a sugar-like interface could be adapted to cell phones
taking into count the advantages related to ad-hoc communication, but this
would be only an adaptation and it wont have any educational objective, in
my point of view.

--
Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero
One Laptop Per Child