[IAEP] XOCamp fundraising (and, please sign up to donate)

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 11:32:07 EST 2008

I was just about to write a guest post <editors at olpcnews.com> for
OLPCNews<http://www.olpcnews.com/contribute.html>asking for (tax
deductible) contributions towards the travel scholarship
fund for XOCamp. But when I asked on IRC if anybody had any good photos of
Sugarcamp to include, they told me to wait, because SJ <sj at laptop.org> has
to move the fundraising
page<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XOcamp_2/Fundraising#Donations>off of
the OLPC wiki (for tax reasons or something). I wanted to get this
done ASAP because time is growing short, but I'm going to the country
(offline) until Monday or Tuesday.

So: if anybody can take on the task of waiting until the page is moved, then
*writing a fundraising post to OLPCNews*, I'd really appreciate it, and so
would the rest of the people who are looking for partial travel
scholarships. There's applications from Guatemala, where exciting things are
happening and 3000 XOs will be arriving next year; from Uruguay, where
Proyecto Ceibal is now the organization with more experience in XO
deployment than anyone else; and from Denmark, to help with packaging
issues; and more applications are expected. All donations are tax
deductible, going through sugarlabs.

Thanks,
Jameson