[IAEP] XOCamp fundraising (and, please sign up to donate)

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 22:19:00 EST 2008

> >> As for a mechanism for distribution, I propose the following. 50% of the
> >> money would be divided equally between applicants, and 50% would be
> divided
> >> proportional to any remaining travel costs.
>
> I would just pay all travel costs and food and be done with it, and
> see about some sort of low-cost, close-together group lodging, except
> for people who can find free crash space and prefer that. What else do
> people need? Anybody know of a big house we could take over? With good
> bandwidth?

Obviously, if we have enough money, we pay all travel costs, and any extra
goes to Sugarlabs. My proposal was what to do if there isn't enough money.
If we had $600 and two people came for $400 and $800, my system would give
them $350 and $550 and they would pay $50 and $250 out of pocket. This
system is proposed as the average of the possible fair proposals (even split
and proportional split). It is explicitly intended to be nobody's first
choice, even mine (I'd go proportional), so as to presuppose an attitude of
compromise.