[IAEP] Sugar for Service Learning

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Sun Dec 14 15:28:36 EST 2008

http://sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_as_Service_Learning

I've spoken to a number of people about creating an on ramp and eventually a
marketing channel by having developed country students, with good computer
and internet access, help our project by testing Sugar.  My particular angle
on it is having them burn a Sugar on a Stick, but we should probably extend
the vision to G1G1 people, and having people create emulations.

This is basically a pointer to the starting page and a request for help in
creating a set of pages that are rich resources for students who want to
both help us, and learn about computer science, educational theory and
education in developing countries.

Please edit away! I will try to act as gardener, I think this is a big topic
and it'll take some trys to figure out how to structure it logically.

Any leaders out there for this concept?  Any teachers with High School
students who want to be our first Alpha testers and creators of a service
learning program?

Thanks,
Caroline

--