[IAEP] Ncomputing

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 17:35:14 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a pissing match with their founder in the WSJ about a year
> ago... I didn't get any straight answers from him about costs or
> learning. But Sugar on their Ubuntu thin client sounds doable.

One thing to keep in mind is that thin clients need very good,
reliable networking. They need low latency and  suck bandwidth.

In other words, untethered wifi laptops and thin clients don't mix...
To say more, multimedia and thin clients is not a happy match.

For a proven solution in the area, Skolelinux / Linux-edu is a
fantastic thin-client setup in-a-box, it's been runnign for ages,
provides lots of good tools and it'd be trivial to set the desktop to
be Sugar.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions