[IAEP] [sugar] OLPC + Sugar

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Fri Dec 12 17:08:26 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 08:17:44PM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
>Look for a joint statement sometime next week...

Folks,

I'm sad to report that, after a week of trying, I wasn't able to make
much progress on getting a joint statement written and published. It
seems that the people who have the authority to speak lack motivation,
that the people with the motivation to speak lack authority, and that
several bystanders believe the statement would be meaningless even if
written and published. In conclusion, unless and until this situation
changes, the prognosis does not look good to me. Back to carrying on
anyway...

Regards,

Michael

P.S. - I guess Ivan was right to question me. :)

P.P.S. - Even though I'm unsatisfied with how this has worked out so
far, I do want to thank both Ed and Chuck for the gracious reception
they gave my request to involve OLPC in drafting a statement.