[IAEP] Textbooks

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Thu Dec 11 18:30:01 EST 2008

Hi all,

<quote who="Edward Cherlin">

> The basic idea is to integrate Sugar software into lessons wherever
> appropriate, and then integrate the textbooks into a new curriculum,
> based on the much younger ages at which we will be able to teach
> powerful ideas. This is not the programmed learning approach of much
> Computer-Aided Instruction.

Could I suggest that it might be worthwhile as part of this project to
consider eLearning systems like Moodle, where you could create lesson plans
that teachers could use, share, localise and create. It is easier to deploy
new lessons and also track the children's progress with a centralised
eLearning system like Moodle. Just a thought. It also helps them integrate
into the classroom.

Cheers,
Pia

--
OLPC Friends                                         http://olpcfriends.org/
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

        "Cowards die many times before their deaths." - Shakespeare