[IAEP] Sugar on a Stick - Can we give it away at FUDCOM and at the DC event Walter is going to?

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 02:37:34 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it would be cool to be able to give everyone SoaS USBs as Conference
> Swag at events where Sugar Labs is presenting.
>
> What do we need to do this?
>
> 1. A SoaS image we are proud of.  I think we are almost there.
> 2. Lots of USB Sticks - Walter says he is making good progress on a donor.
> 3. A way to flash a hundred sticks in only an hour or two - Any ideas?
>
> Do other people think this is a useful thing to aim for in January?
>
> What activities make the best impression and should be on the Stick?
>
> What else should we think about to make such a give-away effective?

On a related note:
While talking to some of the Fedora India guys in FOSS.in ins
Bangalore last week, I came to know about Kobold[1], a tool which
takes an ISO image on your hard disk and parallely writes the image to
all USB pen drives connected to the machine on which it is running.
This may be useful for distributing Sugar on a stick to anyone who
brings his/her pen drive in various events.
Thanks,
Sayamindu

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/fedora-india@redhat.com/msg00355.html

--