[IAEP] Library collections and content for Sugar by outsiders.

Nate Ridderman nate.ridderman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 00:12:13 EST 2008

Although I agree with what David said, people may contribute how they see
fit, because the project is voluntary and open source. If you see a hole
regarding content creation, feel free to jump in and start improving things.
At the very least, it would be helpful to document on the wiki what you've
learned as well as what pitfalls you've encountered. As other folks come
along, they can learn from your experiences. The wiki is still young, so
there are many holes to fill. I didn't find much at all regarding content.
It would be good to have a page that answers question such as: What types of
content can I use with Sugar? (PDFs, Webpages, etc) What free content is
available on the web? How can I convert content into something suitable for
Sugar? How do I bundle content into lesson plans? How do I distribute
content to the kid's computers? There is a lot of info on wiki.laptop.org,
so we should link to it liberally. See http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Content for
starters.

In the long run, I think it makes sense to have a Content Team that is
focused on making it easier for educators to create, find, package, and
distribute content. But it probably doesn't make sense to have a team unless
there are several active members. You could argue that this is part of the
Education Team, but I see them as complimentary, not homogeneous.

This is all just my opinion and I have little experience to back it up :-)

Thanks,
Nate