[IAEP] [SLOBS] [Fwd: [gnu.org #392095] Sugar Labs server at GNAPS]

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sat Dec 6 14:20:44 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 3:59 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> Option (a) sounds acceptable.
>
> We could spend part or all our initial $1600 budget on paying our half
> of this server, and use it initially only for shell accounts and
> downloads.  Daniel Clark is an old friend and I spoke with him today.
>  He says he will take care of the server personally when we are away.
>
> Should we vote on this?  Please, give your +1 or -1.

No we should not vote:)

No one besides you has the time and knowledge to handle our
infrastructure.  Make your best decision.  Present why and how your
made your decision on iaep for consensus.  Implement it.

I could go into a long spiel about leadership.  To make a long story
short.  When you raised your hand to be infrastructure team lead, you
accepted the responsibility for the infrastructure.  Along with that
responsibility, comes the authority to make it happen.

david