[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Add Fedora logo to Sugar

Luke Faraone luke at laptop.org
Sat Dec 6 12:38:48 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 12:26, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>wrote:

> 2008/12/6 Luke Faraone <luke at laptop.org>:
> > On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 12:05, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org
> >
> > wrote:
> > Uh, why?
> >
> > It is, after all, a installation of RedHat's _Fedora_ OS (albiet with
> OLPC
> > modifications).
>
> To put it succinctly, actually, fedora is a distribution of GNU+Linux,
> a free operating system. Specifically, out of GNU+Linux, the "Linux"
> bit represents less than 1%.

This is more of a religious war as well as a matter of preference; RH has
chosen the "Linux" branding, while Debian (the only widely popular distro to
do so) uses the "GNU/" prefix.

In a more reconciliatory note, perhaps a swarm of logos might emerge,
> as bemasc suggested to me on our XO Chat: GNU, Linux, fedora, python,
> and all the rest of the pack.

Hm... we could have a link in the "about my XO" section that opens up a page
in browse that describes all the components that make up the starch stack.

-lf