[IAEP] Color combos for the logo

Christian Marc Schmidt schmidt at pentagram.com
Fri Dec 5 14:19:47 EST 2008

Thanks, David, and everyone else for your input on the Sugar Labs logo.

Based on this conversation, I'll plan on documenting the design intent
behind the logo on the wiki this weekend.

While the logo concept is based on the treatment of icons in the Sugar
interface, my initial feeling was that we should restrict the color
combinations to only a few carefully chosen ones, both for recognizability
and optimal control.

I could, however, also see doing a full spectrum of color options, and it
sounds like that is where the consensus is headed. I still think that each
combination should be manually created, so we don't run into any
contrast/legibility issues. I'll try this concept and run it by the group.

There will also be usage guidelines, as I mentioned before, entailing in
what context a particular color combination should be used.

Color aside, I don't believe the logo should be altered in any other way.
The change in color in itself is enough variation, and we need to pin down
other variables to maintain a degree of consistency.

More soon...

Christian