[IAEP] Color combos for the logo

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Dec 5 10:58:34 EST 2008

On 5 Dec 2008, at 07:00, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> Gary C Martin wrote:
>> Uploaded 4 more colours (red, yellow, brown, purple), feel free to
>> remove/overwrite if they are not what was intended (I tried to
>> stick to
>> similar saturation and just hit different hues).
>>
>>    http://sugarlabs.org/go/MarketingTeam/Logo
>>
>> BTW: is there a design brief for this somewhere? Like: is the inner
>> blue
>> a requirement, or could that be inverted (e.g. variable colour
>> inside,
>> blue outline), or can perhaps both colours be varied, what about
>> black/white (for print), etc, etc.
>
> I thought we were just imitating the color pairs or the XO guy, thus
> both colors should vary.

Yea that's what I thought too, but didn't see that formally stated
anywhere. The concept of contrasting colour pairs as individual
identity was/is a strong, unique design element (of the Sugar UI),
seems to make sense to bring that forward into the Sugar branding
(using different colour variations suggested the diverse community of
individuals behind Sugar).

> But let's hear what Christian thinks a bout it.

OK, will do.

--Gary