[IAEP] Branding and mascot (Was: Re: Color combos for the logo)

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 08:20:46 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:59 AM, Christian Schmidt <schmidt at pentagram.com>wrote:

> >> 1. I really think the svg should be up in a public place, as well as
> >> (references for) the font (is that the ubuntu font, or other?).
>
> I can do this, but I'm not sure that SVG is needed. We currently have
> high-resolution RGB PNGs, and I could also upload CMYK EPS files for use in
> print.

As tomeu said on IRC, "isn't the logo open-source?" Inkscape is a great
tool, and it is much easier to do a mashup of the logo with an svg. And as
my example with the Obama campaign showed, it really is possible to do good
branding at the grass roots. Sure, there were probably anti-Obama spoofs
which used "his" font and logo, but they just helped his branding; and that
was in a far more divisive environment than Sugar.

Just release the svg; we promise we will be nice to it.

Jameson