[IAEP] Running local Sugar workshops

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Thu Dec 4 13:00:36 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:

> We should recruit someone to be a project lead for such a workshop.
>>

> +1 to all the questions!
>
> I'd suggest that the workshop be run in parallel with FUDCON this January
> by the teachers, students, and parents from the schools the Sugar on a Stick
> pilots will be at. It would be a good learning/leadership/outreach
> opportunity for them, and directly relevant  to helping them prepare for
> their own pilots (best way to learn is to teach, and all that).
>
> I've put together workshops/etc. in the past, and would be glad to mentor a
> core group of 1-3 people through the process for a parallel-to-FUDCON
> workshop, if there are people willing to step up who'd like to use this as
> an opportunity to learn workshop-runnin' - everything from getting space and
> advertising to running around during the event, making a schedule, etc.
> (Caroline, can you think of any from the pilot schools?) No obligation to
> take me up on this offer, btw; it's not hard to know more about running
> workshops than I do. But I thought I'd throw it out there in case someone
> was interested in doing this but didn't feel like they knew how.

January seems ambitiously soon, but you are probably right.  I wonder what
the right first approach is.  Maybe we advertise at our pilot schools and at
HGSE and the other ed schools in the area.  If we even got only 5-10
teacherish types it would be a success and that really shouldn't be hard. Ok
Mel you've convinced me :)

How long a workshop?
What time and day would be best for our audience?
We should be able to grab space as part of the FUDCON and general
conferences right?

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove