[IAEP] Calendar goodness

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:37:52 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 11:08, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:48 AM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> >> Check out the new wiki feature Bernie add to w.s.o.
> >>
> >> http://sugarlabs.org/go/WikiTeam/Meetings
> >>
> >> We can now embed gcalendars directly into the wiki:)
> >
> > I added a page for a calendar of conferences of interest to our communities.
> >
> > http://sugarlabs.org/go/Events
> >

> Edward do you know if it is possible to embede a weekly gcalendar?  A
> weekly calendar would be more useful and take up less space on some of
> the team pages.  I just never figured out how to do it.

It would appear this isn't likely to be do-able... According to the
source (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:GoogleCalendar):

Problems with this extension

[edit] Ampersand problem

Google allows extra features like custom sizing of the calendar,
viewing other calendars within the same iframe and removing the google
logo. Eg. Adding & chrome=NAVIGATION removes the google logo.

However the problem with this is that it requires a pure & and when
the iframe is written into the page the & gets converted to an &amp;
in the html page source, which is the ampersand problem. And so the
iframe cannot recognize the query after the &amp; because it needs a
pure &. Thus the extra google calendar features do not work correctly
when viewed using this extension.