[IAEP] Sugar Labs and the Community

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Wed Dec 3 15:54:39 EST 2008

When we were setting up Sugar Labs a few months ago, it seemed that
the distinction between the Sugar Labs Foundation and the Sugar Labs
community was important.  But, now it just seems confusing:(

Kind of like when you build house.  You think a lot about the frame.
Once the house is built, the only time you think about the frame is
when you are looking for a stud to hang a picture:)  Or a really heavy
snowfall:(

Would it make sense to eliminate the distinction between Sugar Lab and
the Community and use the term Sugar Labs Foundation when talking
about the Legal entity.

After all, Sugar Labs is our brand and the Community is our biggest asset.

thanks
david