[IAEP] FudCon January 2009

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Dec 2 10:52:35 EST 2008

Great news, Fedora has invited Sugar Labs and OLPC to participate in
FudCon[1] January 2009.

Paul Frields, Fedora project leader, announces the purpose of FUDCon
as,  "FUDCon is usually meant to bring
together Fedora community members to work on initiatives that will
impact the next (and possibly future) release of our platform, Fedora
11 at the end of May 2009."

By inviting us, that must mean that Fedora considers the initiatives
at Sugar Labs and OLPC as having an impact in the future Fedora
releases:)  I know that I think that the work we are doing at Sugar
Labs will have an impact, it is great to see the Fedora thinks so too.

Working closely with Fedora will have a number of advantages for both
Sugar Labs and OLPC.  Fedora and Red Hat have been successful players
in the software market for several years.

Paul asks that we:
1. Sign up as participants on the FUDon11[1] web page.  There will be
limited funding available.

2. Get a rough estimate of how many people will be attending for Sugar Labs.

3. Start listing event Ideas on the webpage.

Ed is setting up XoCamp to align with FUDCom.  We should be hearing
more on that later today!

thanks
david

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon/FUDConF11