[IAEP] UTF-8 Stars (was Re: Sugar Labs school server)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 14:31:48 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:

>  * We want a test school server
>
>  * Today people asked me if I could setup a test Jabber server
>
>  * You'd like to be the man
>

> The stars are clear...
>

> ...they should be bullets, actually, but stars are good replacement
> when we don't have UTF-8.

★☆✩✪✫✬✭✮✯✰ We don't? I can see all ten of the stars I put in, plus
this bullet and triangle: •‣ Plenty of arrows and some pointing
fingers, too. →↦⇀⇉➙➛➜➝➞➟☛☞

If you can't see those characters correctly, check whether your mailer
supports UTF-8, and if necessary, turn it on. Also check whether you
have a good selection of Unicode fonts installed.
> --
>   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
>  \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/

And Children are my nation.