[IAEP] Fwd: [sugar] Closing this list

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Mon Dec 1 14:07:45 EST 2008

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1. Should we have a list for each team?
>
> per-team lists are IME not so good in the long term. Even splitting
> "users" and "devel" lists usually works against efforts to build a
> positive community.

Also my impression.

> Organising it by focus topic rather than "team" helps gel teams across
> the mission rather than across the team identity. Sounds like a bit of
> social engineering, but that's what we are doing when we build social
> software, whether we want it or not ;-)

I would also suggest to create lists lazily, after the topic starts to
generate a significant amount of traffic on the existing lists.

This avoids the phenomenon of dozens of deserted lists that is often
observed elsewhere.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/