[IAEP] Registration failure

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 04:42:26 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 23:14, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello all.  Dumb user question: when trying to register Sugar in Fedora
> 10, I get the following error:
>
> 1228079574.024438 ERROR root: Registration: Cannot obtain data needed to
> register.
>
> Any hints?  What should happen here?

Registration depends on having an XS school server on your network,
doing DNS and DHCP etc so that the XO can find it at a well-known DNS
name. There are more details to it, but I'm not familiar with them.

Registration has probably several outcomes, but the one that I'm
particularly aware of is setting the jabber server to the correct DNS
name of the jabber server on the XS installation.

On non-XO distributions, until we work on interoperating with the XS
we should probably patch sugar to remove the Registration option.

Regards
Morgan