[IAEP] Live CD collaboration problem

Joel Stanley joel.stanley at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Aug 25 00:34:36 EDT 2008

Hello All,

Bill Kerr <billkerr at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, Sugar's collaboration software layer is not being detected
> Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

With some time Bill said he might be able to organise a local school
server, or set things up so that the students have access to external
jabber servers, but I thought that using the adhoc features of Sugar's
collaboration would be an easier solution.

My understanding of the sugar presence stuff is limited, so forgive me
if I'm talking nonsense.  The machines receive an IP from the school
DHCP server.  We want to force the presence service to use salut
instead of looking for the unreachable jabber server.  Can we hack
this into presenceservice.py[1]?  I also saw the 169.254 hardcoded
into linklocal_plugin.py[2], is this relevant?

Thanks,

Joel

[1]http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/presence-service;a=blob;f=src/presenceservice.py;h=88e29041dab70976c0c4aa6bdabe424250dd5914;hb=HEAD

[2] http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/presence-service;a=blob;f=src/linklocal_plugin.py;h=0fd914ccf78ca5dbf69f647dbbe3167ec71e32aa;hb=HEAD#l217