[IAEP] Live CD collaboration problem

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 02:38:00 EDT 2008

I've created (and we have been using for a few weeks now) USB keys from the
XO Live CD version 080607 to run Sugar software on our  school network, as
described here:
http://billkerr2.blogspot.com/2008/07/evaluating-sugar-in-developed-world.html

However, Sugar's collaboration software layer is not being detected so our
students are missing out on an essential part of the Sugar experience. The
network is being detected, IP addresses are being allocated but the sugar
software is not picking up on this.

We cannot see any other XO figures on the networking view, and
~/.sugar/default/presenceservice.log is empty.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

--
Bill Kerr