[IAEP] Sugar Labs mission statement.

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 01:25:31 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Arjun Sarwal <arjun at laptop.org> wrote:
> IMHO the mission statement should also  include a mention of how
> educators  are an integral part of defining and structuring the
> ecosystem.

I hope that the mission and the ecology include bringing teachers,
students, and parents together on creating the new curriculum and a
new kind of Free textbook incorporating Sugar software capabilities. I
am concerned that we are putting so much effort into software and
essentially nothing into new textbooks. (FLOSS Manuals and some
developers are doing a great job on documentation, but that is a
separate issue.)

> regards
> Arjun
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:15 AM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> As we go forward with Sugar Labs, it is important that we clearly define
>> our mission and goals.  Going through the mailing list archives I have
>> come up with the following Mission Statement:
>>
>> Sugar Labs is an open source community, whose projects are focused on
>> building an educational platform based on the principles of
>> collaboration, reflection, discovery.  Sugar Labs is a not-for-profit,
>> member supported corporation that helps cultivate both an open source
>> community and an ecosystem of complementary products and services.
>>
>> dfarning

> Arjun Sarwal
> http://dev.laptop.org/~arjs
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=SwcSEcfR464

Silent Thunder [ 默雷 / शब्दगर्ज ] is my name,
And Children are my nation.
The Cosmos is my dwelling place,
And Truth my destination.