[IAEP] New XO-LiveCD

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Mon Aug 18 15:25:13 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 09:48 +0200, Kurt Gramlich wrote:
> dear friends
>
> Wolfgang Rohrmoser writes:
>

> Since OLPC joyride releases begin to stabilize after the
> transition to
> Fedora 9 and the SUGAR developper team has  done a lot of
> reorganization work,
> a new release of the XO-LiveCD is available. You  currently can
> download it
> from:
>
> ftp://www.rohrmoser-engineering.de/pub/XO-LiveCD/XO-LiveCD_080812.iso
>
> This release is based on a recent joyride build 2282 and
> demonstrates
> many new SUGAR features. Activities have been added and
> updated to recent versions.
>
> I don't have access to upload the XO-LiveCD to the OLPC-site
> anymore,
> so I am waiting for suggestions if there is still some interest
> make this LiveCD available and where it could be hosted.

Thanks Kurt and wolfgang,

The availability of live CDs is critical to the success of Sugar Labs.

Sugar has taken a couple of pretty hard blows over the last couple of
months.  When working on outreach, the ability to point to a liveCD is
invaluable.

Disclaimer: As always, I may be completely wrong in my observation and
conclusions.

We are working on making Sugar Labs more engaged in the community.  As a
result, we are focusing on developing and maintaining the Sugar
software.  Distribution is/should be handled by our partners at OLPC,
Fedora, Debian, and Ubuntu.

I will do whatever I can to grow the overall market for Sugar desktops,
but I feel most comfortable directing people to skolelinux for LiveCDs.

Thanks
dfarning