[IAEP] Sugared Wine project begins

Carol Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Fri Aug 8 11:46:30 EDT 2008

I commend to your attention Operation Neptune.  It is a wonderful DOS game
described here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Neptune_(Game)
 that was a big hit with my children in the grade 2-grade4 time frame.  It
seems to be available on "abandonware" sites, though likely not be
permission and perhaps permission could be obtained.  It is part of the
"Super Solvers" series by the Learning Company, though we never had other
games in the series.

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:

> There are certainly some good Windows educational games: e.g. Amazing
> Contraptions, zoombinis, and the like.  But my son is now 10 1/2, so
> he's beginning to move on to other things.
>
> A worthwhile thing to do by someone motivated might be to contact the
> publishers of some of the older classic educational games and see if
> SimCity sorts of deals can be worked out, or at least free binary use,
> for some of these.  But I personally wouldn't know how to start on such
> an project.
>                         - Jim
>

> On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 09:01 -0400, Walter Bender wrote:

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the
roof and gets stuck -- George Carlin