[IAEP] Invitation to K12 Open Minds

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Wed Aug 6 18:33:27 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 16:09 -0400, Vern Ceder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that Walter already mentioned it, but I would like to extend the
> organizing committee's invitation to any and all of you to attend and
> present at the upcoming K12 Open Minds Conference (Please see
> http://www.k12openminds.org/) in Indianapolis, Sept 25-27.
>
> The conference is dedicated to furthering the use of open source
> software in K12 education, and attracts a wide range of participants
> from the US and abroad.

I will be attending.  My emphasis for this trip is to learn how to
engage the open source education community in adopting and improving
Sugar.

Please be warned while my interest in educational issues is high.  My
knowledge is pretty limited.

Speaking from a Sugar Labs point of view.  We currently trying to
determine how to best support the 400,000 XOs that are in student's hand
while increasing the number of platforms that run Sugar 'out of the
box.'

I would love to following up with you either on this thread, offline, or
at the conference  about how we can help your kids learn.

thanks
dfarning