[Gsoc] Project Sharing Website

Rhythm Gupta rhythm.gupta21 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 21:29:47 EDT 2013

Hey everyone,

I'm a sophomore studying CSE at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
(IIT- Delhi).

I'm interested in contributing to sugarlabs this summers through GSOC 2013.

I've penned down my thoughts on this idea here.[1] I've a couple of queries.

1. Which language should be used? Python or PHP? I'm proficient in both of
'em. But I think PHP would be better because there are already many FOSS
technologies and we can use some of them to build upon.

2. Can a user upload his/her project to the site in any case or they can
just share from different sugar activities? If yes, what would be the
format of the upload? I'm guessing it should be flash?

I know I'm a little late.I've been swamped with my college exams. Looking
forward to hear from mentors and the community soon.

Ref:[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/gsoc2013/rhythm_Gupta<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/GSOC_Application_2013Project_Sharing_website_%28Rhythm_Gupta%29>

Thanks and regards
Rhythm Gupta
Sophomore, IIT Delhi