[Gsoc] [Sugar-devel] GSOC 2010: Sugar Voice Control: Updated

chirag jain chiragjain1989 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:47:42 EDT 2010

Hi Sankarshan,

Thanks for the precious suggestions. :-)

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM, chirag jain <chiragjain1989 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have updated my proposal a little bit to make it more clear and
> > explaining. Please visit the link:
> > http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2010/speech-recognition
> > Suggestions and feedbacks are always invited. :-)
>
> Caveat - I am not a mentor and, I read your proposal out of curiosity.
> I'd suggest that instead of the broad work hour window you specify a
> set of times when you'll be working or, will be online. That helps set
> mentor expectations in terms of communications.

I have modified the time line a little bit to indicate the time slots and
hour of working per day that I can spare. Please visit the link here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2010/speech-recognition

> Additionally, it would perhaps be a good thing to take a look at the
> release timelines for Sugar itself so as to see how quickly your
> project, should it be accepted, can get integrated.

This is indeed a very good idea. Can you please provide me some pointers or
links so that I can get to know about the expected timelines of future sugar
releases.

> The period of 'testing' for your implementation is a bit unrealistic
> considering the complexity.

 I am a little bit confused here. Can you please elaborate the word
'unrealistic' here?
This will greatly help me to improve the proposal further.

> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>

Thanks and Regards