[Gsoc] GSoC Mentor's summit (and bugging Sascha)

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 23:28:59 EDT 2009

A)

Mentors, you may have caught the traffic on the GSoC mentor's list about the
mentor's summit <https://gsoc-wiki.osuosl.org/index.php/2009> on October
24th and 25th (+ some on the evening of the 23rd). Google is paying for 2
slots from each organization, but in all probability has room at the summit
for more. As far as I can tell from asking on IRC, the people interested in
going are Andres, Bryan, and myself. Roughly, the tickets for Andres and
Bryan put together should cost the $2000 that Google is fronting for travel.
My ticket, including bus fare to Mexico City, should be just under $500. The
options for paying that:

1. I pay myself - I would probably not be able to, so wouldn't come
2. Bryan and Andres each give me 20% of their travel subsidy, so that we all
end up with 80% subsidy and paying 20% (ie, figure out how to make the
percentages even). This is better from my perspective and worse from theirs.
3. Sugar Labs uses part of the $2500 it made from GSoC to fund my travel.
This would of course be nice from our perspective. Walter, does it look
feasible from Sugar Lab's?

Then, we get to Mountain View. My parents live in Portola Valley, which is
the next town over - about 35/70 minutes to/from Google by bike, 15 or 20 by
car. They have offered that if either or both of you want to stay with them,
especially for a night or to before or after the summit so you can sightsee
a bit, you're welcome.

B)

Silbe, please put something there at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code. It can be 2 or 3 paragraphs, it
doesn't have to be a lot. I haven't seen you on IRC lately...

Cheers to all,
Jameson