[Gsoc] Sugarlabs in GSoC 2009 (to 2008 OLPC applicants)

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 17:13:44 EDT 2009

It appears that in 2008 you submitted an application to OLPC's Google Summer
of Code program. You may well already be aware that, in 2009, Sugar-related
projects such as your proposal should be submitted to Sugar
Labs<http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/sugarlabs>.
We're really happy about participating in GSoC this year - we have some good
ideas on our ideas
list<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/ProjectIdeas>and we
even plan to help sponsor a Sugar
on a Stick <http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick> deployment near
each of our participating students. We would love to consider a new
application <http://sugarlabs.org/go/Category:2009_GSoC_applications> from
you this year. We'd also be grateful if you spread the word with your
friends - tell them to check out our ideas
list<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/ProjectIdeas>.
The more people apply, the better our chances of getting more slots from
Google. But hurry - the deadline for
applications<http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/timeline>is
April 3rd.

(If you've already signed up as a mentor or applied as a student, sorry for
the redundant email).

Cheers,
Jameson