[Gsoc] Sugarlabs GSoC mentor's meeting: Saturday 1500 UTC?

Andrés Ambrois andresambrois at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 16:09:21 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 18 August 2009 03:43:49 pm Jameson Quinn wrote:
> I would like to have a meeting to discuss final evaluations on Saturday
> 1500 UTC. (I myself will have to drive over an hour from my tent on the
> beach to make the meeting, so I'm not proposing this frivolously). The
> evaluations themselves are not hard, but we should be doing what we can to
> help our students wrap up and document, and also writing a nice blog post
> for Google (this will make them happy and increase our chances next year).
>
> I'm sorry Bryan, you were cut off this morning, and so we couldn't check if
> this time was OK for you. I hope it is.
>
> Remember, evaluations are due BEFORE monday 1900 UTC - leave at LEAST 2
> hours leeway for internet glitches.
>
> Andres and Assim, you were not at the meeting today, and that makes me
> concerned about whether you are able to fulfill the mentor role during this
> wrap-up. Please write me to let me know. Bemasc also expressed this
> concern, so m_stone, I'm writing to you as well, to ask if you could pick
> up the mentor role for Benjamin if needed at the last minute. If so, please
> tell me a time on Sunday afternoon/evening (US) when we could meet on IRC
> to jump through the necessary hoops.

I'm sorry I couldn't attend today's meeting. My schedule changed a couple of
months ago and it's very difficult for me to be home before 15 UTC.

I cannot be there on Saturday, I have a previous arrangement I cannot
postpone. Are you available on any other day after 15 UTC to meet with me? I
can make a hole anytime but Saturday :(.

I've been in contact with Vamsi almost daily for a long time, sometimes
debugging his code for over 4 hours straight. But if you (or him) feel he
needs more attention let me know and I'll be glad to step aside.

I feel we need to start thinking about an IRC party (beer-drinking mandatory)
after GSoC, to congratulate all of you and the students for the time put into
this. And, why not, to blow off some of the steam built up with deadlines,
evaluations, reviews and whatnot :).

--
  -Andrés