[Gsoc] Sugarlabs GSoC mentor's meeting: Saturday 1500 UTC?

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 14:43:49 EDT 2009

I would like to have a meeting to discuss final evaluations on Saturday 1500
UTC. (I myself will have to drive over an hour from my tent on the beach to
make the meeting, so I'm not proposing this frivolously). The evaluations
themselves are not hard, but we should be doing what we can to help our
students wrap up and document, and also writing a nice blog post for Google
(this will make them happy and increase our chances next year).

I'm sorry Bryan, you were cut off this morning, and so we couldn't check if
this time was OK for you. I hope it is.

Remember, evaluations are due BEFORE monday 1900 UTC - leave at LEAST 2
hours leeway for internet glitches.

Andres and Assim, you were not at the meeting today, and that makes me
concerned about whether you are able to fulfill the mentor role during this
wrap-up. Please write me to let me know. Bemasc also expressed this concern,
so m_stone, I'm writing to you as well, to ask if you could pick up the
mentor role for Benjamin if needed at the last minute. If so, please tell me
a time on Sunday afternoon/evening (US) when we could meet on IRC to jump
through the necessary hoops.

All people directly addressed in this email, please respond to let me (all
of us) know whether you can make it on Saturday or not.

Cheers,
Jameson