[Gsoc] Mentors: preliminary slot numbers announced, second round of voting

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 11:17:04 EDT 2009

Google has announced a *preliminary* set of slot allotments. Sugarlabs gets
5 slots according to those numbers. (Remember, this could still change, and
one of the best ways to annoy Google is to whine about changes, so don't get
attached to this.)

Mentors, please go through and vote again on the top 10 proposals. (To give
points, you now need to use the pulldown to make a "private" comment first.)
Use the range -1 to 4, and please ensure that you use the full range - a
bunch of 2s and 3s is not too helpful to distinguish. Please vote on all 10,
do not just vote on the ones that interest you.

There is one proposal which is a special case: Bemasc's "groupthink"
proposal. This should be ranked in between the "great" proposals and the
"good enough to accept if we had enough slots" proposals. So, after you've
ranked all the other proposals, give Bemasc points, but do NOT give him
points that would tie or move him past the worst "great" proposal (in your
estimation).

Also, there is one proposal not currently in the top 10 which, because of a
good response from the student, I think deserves a second look. Please go
look at the Marbles proposal, and vote on it if you did not do so in the
first round of voting. If it then makes it into the top 10, I'll let people
know so they can give it a second-round vote.

Of course, any further public comments, to give students a chance to
respond, are welcome. If you have any comment that you think applies to more
than one application, please add it to
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/Application_review_notes , and
use a link to send it to the student. Also, please help edit and/or wikify
that page to improve the comments already there.

very-happy-how-this-is-going-so-far-ly y'rs,
Jameson