[math4] Math4 Project

Jonathan Meschino (RIT Student) jam2707 at rit.edu
Wed Jan 19 15:17:29 EST 2011

Hi there and welcome, guys!

       My name is jon meschino. I've been working with open source stuff @
RIT for over a year now. I started and am still involved with Fortune
Hunter. I'll let Remy get into it with you guys, but if you decide you like
Fortune Hunter, we've got a lot of work that can get done. So please feel
free to contact me about it : )   What are all your skills?

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Stephen Jacobs <itprofjacobs at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi from Rochester!  Happy to try to help you out with your goals.  I'm
> cc'ing Remy Decausemaker, who can tell you about the RIT Projects ( games
> and utilities for the olpc xo and some others for Linux boxes in general)
> and about his own open government project, CIVX, which RIT collaborates on.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 19, 2011, at 2:01 PM, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:54 PM, 4s company software team
> > <fourscompany462 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello!
> >> We are a group from the College of Charleston. We have been assigned to
> pick
> >> an open source project to contribute to for the semester, and we have
> chosen
> >> this project. If there is anyone that can offer any kind of assistance
> or
> >> suggestions as to what we can do, it would be greatly appreciated!
> >> Thanks!
> >> 4's Company
> >>

> > First of all, welcome.
> >
> > I am thrilled to see CofC get involved, we talked about this type of
> > step a few years ago.
> > Who's your professor?
> > What are the class goals of your participation??
> >
> > So math4 tends to be a group of relatively small projects (which I
> > think are ideal for this type of participation.)
> > There are a number of other groups working on programs, and rather
> > than start on something new, I think you'd get the most
> > benefit/experience by collaborating with another group.
> > (for those looking for help - here are some people) But I'd look
> > around - and see what you find interesting, if you need help, ask,
> > plenty will be willing to help you (there are some other contributors
> > here from Clemson and the Greenville area as well as a number of
> > groups from RIT in Rochester NY, as well as people spread all over the
> > globe.)
> >
> > David Nalley

 ~ jON mESCHINO
    bS vIDEO gAME dESIGN & dEVELOPMENT (igm)
    5TH yR @ RIT