[math4] Math4 Project

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Wed Jan 19 14:01:51 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:54 PM, 4s company software team
<fourscompany462 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> We are a group from the College of Charleston. We have been assigned to pick
> an open source project to contribute to for the semester, and we have chosen
> this project. If there is anyone that can offer any kind of assistance or
> suggestions as to what we can do, it would be greatly appreciated!
> Thanks!
> 4's Company

First of all, welcome.

I am thrilled to see CofC get involved, we talked about this type of
step a few years ago.
Who's your professor?
What are the class goals of your participation??

So math4 tends to be a group of relatively small projects (which I
think are ideal for this type of participation.)
There are a number of other groups working on programs, and rather
than start on something new, I think you'd get the most
benefit/experience by collaborating with another group.
(for those looking for help - here are some people) But I'd look
around - and see what you find interesting, if you need help, ask,
plenty will be willing to help you (there are some other contributors
here from Clemson and the Greenville area as well as a number of
groups from RIT in Rochester NY, as well as people spread all over the
globe.)

David Nalley